How It Works
If your organization has a reliable development team, and you will be incorporating Voxy into existing tools and workflows for administrators or learners, then the Partner API provides options to easily manage users and view performance data. The Partner API is a self-service tool that organizations can use to design, develop, and maintain their own custom workflows. You can see all available endpoints here in the Partner API Docs.
Some of the most frequently used include:
- Registering a new user
- Retrieve user assessment data
- List of user activities completed
- Retrieve a user’s time on task within a date range
It usually takes just a few days to get your team started. Here’s how it will work:
- Work with your technical team to review the Partner API Docs and prepare a basic plan for implementation.
- Share your plan with your Voxy Manager. They can schedule a more in depth technical consultation for you, if necessary.
- Voxy will share your organization API Key and Secret and provide access to our GitHub repository of code examples in various programming languages.
- Your team will complete development according to your custom use case.
- We highly recommend full end-to-end testing before launching a new program with an API integration or before releasing major API updates to production. If you’re not sure what to test, contact your Voxy Manager or Voxy Partner Support.
Our most successful API integrations are used to automate user creation and account updates. This works best if your learners will discover Voxy inside an existing LMS or portal and use a flow that you design to self-enroll.
You can easily use the Partner API to create users, block access (e.g. expire users), move them between feature groups with different entitlements. You will need to contact Voxy Partner Support to create or update feature group entitlements.
User management via API is compatible with multiple authentication methods (see Authentication Integration Overview). If you are also considering SSO with SAML or OIDC, we recommend using just-in-time user creation to create accounts.
Reporting & Dashboards
If you are interested in using the Partner API to set up custom reporting or dashboards, we strongly encourage you to review the Partner API Docs in detail to ensure that the available data meets your needs. While Voxy remains committed to the ongoing functionality of existing API endpoints and the integrity of data returned, we add new features and reports to the Voxy Command Center more frequently than the Partner API.
Voxy can provide an initial consultation and support as you get started, but we have limited resources to assist in design and development of customer applications. If your team does not have a dedicated team to develop and maintain your custom workflows we highly recommend using the Voxy Command Center for user management and reporting.
If you have trouble with an existing integration, you can contact Voxy Partner Support with your request. For most support requests, we will ask for the following information before we can escalate to a technical expert:
- An overview of the expected and observed behavior
- Full request and response with headers and authorization
- Identifiers for any specific users (if applicable)
Ready to Get Started?
If you have any general questions, you can contact Voxy Partner Support. If you are ready to get started, contact your Voxy Manager today!
Looking for SSO?
If you are interested in a single sign-on (SSO) integration, please check out our Authentication Integration Overview.